People are attracted to optimistic, positive people. If you learn to accept your thoughts, you can accept those of others. If you have compassion for yourself, you can have it for others.
- Neuroscience of memory and perception - learn to forgive yourself and others.
- Defuse from negative thinking. You are not your thoughts.
- Examine your values. You know what's right for you.
- Examine your strengths. Do what you are best at.
- Adopt and optimistic worldview. Distance yourself from fear and doubt to achieve your goals.
Making a connection with others is one of the most enjoyable and valuable things in life. People are far more likely to want to do things for you if you are connected. The in-the-moment connection is called rapport. You learn how to develop rapport in this module.
- Learn to want to do it. You need to truly value others.
- Ask, Don't Tell. Learn and practice scientifically tested methods of learning about others.
- Make them comfortable. Your non-verbal communication is the most important for putting them at ease. Learn and practice that.
Whether you are selling something, managing others, or getting help from tech support you are persuading others to do things you need them to do. In this module, you learn how to do this the most effectively.
- Ask Don't Tell. There is pattern here, we practice letting people take their own initiative to solve mutual issues.
- Going for the win/win. Make it important to them.
- Using stories and metaphor to influence thinking. Our brains think in stories, they are the most powerful way of communicating.
Whether your are selling something, looking for a job, or even the meaning of life someone out there has it. You just need to find them.
Standard advice is to "network." But, that means going around trying to get things from people. Networks are built over time through relationships that mean something.
In this module you learn,
- The value of networks.
- How networks shape you.
- The shape of successful networks.
- Examine your networks.
- Make a success plan.